According to the UM announcement published on the 49th issue, Series II, of the Official Gazette of the Macao SAR on 9 December 2021, the revision of "The University of Macau Parking Management Rules" (hereinafter ‘the Rules’) will take into effect from 10 December 2021. Please refer to the table below for changes in this revision and full version of 'the Rules'.
Major changes for staff include:
I. Setting the maximum validity of monthly passes, the maximum validity of a staff monthly pass shall be 12 months (Item 2 of Article 9 of 'the Rules');
II. Parking of a vehicle at the car parks beyond the expiry date of the monthly pass shall be charged on an hourly basis as for a regular ticket (Item 10 of Article 9 of 'the Rules');
III. Restricting the ownership of the vehicles registered under monthly passes, the vehicle registered shall be owned by the monthly pass holder or by his/her spouse or first degree relatives by consanguinity or by affinity, who shall authorize the pass holder to use the vehicle unless otherwise authorized (Item 7 of Article 9 of 'the Rules');
IV. Setting the maximum parking time for monthly pass holders and specifying the hourly rate to be charged for the subsequent parking hours (Article 12 of 'the Rules');
V. Setting the maximum parking time for Visitor Car Park P3 as 24 consecutive hours and charging the hourly rate MOP20 for the subsequent parking hours (Article 12 and "Appendix I: Parking charge scheme" of 'the Rules');
VI. UM residents may apply for no more than two monthly passes per household instead of per resident unless otherwise allowed (Item 4 of Article 8 of 'the Rules');
VII. Individuals with more than one eligible status may choose to apply for a monthly pass with one status only (Item 6 of Article 8 of 'the Rules');
VIII. One monthly pass is for registration of one vehicle only, and each vehicle may only be registered under one active monthly pass unless otherwise authorized (Item 6 of Article 9 of 'the Rules').
Staff who use monthly parking passes and regular tickets should pay attention to the following points:
A. Maximum parking time
1. Visitor Car Park P3:
- The longest parking time shall be twenty four consecutive hours for monthly passes and regular tickets;
- After the maximum parking duration is reached, subsequent parking will be charged at an hourly rate MOP20, where a partial hour will be charged as a full hour;
2. UM car parks except Visitor Car Park P3 and Resident Car Park P7:
- The longest parking time shall be eight consecutive days for monthly passes and regular tickets;
- After the maximum parking duration is reached, subsequent parking will be charged at an hourly rate applicable to the regular ticket for visitors, where a partial hour will be charged as a full hour;
3. Unlimited parking time for residents on monthly passes for Resident Car Park P7 or other car parks as allowed.
For any inquiry, please contact colleagues of the Security and Transport Section during office hours at 8822-8651 or send email to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Thank you for your kind attention to the above.
Security and Transport Section