The two consecutive typhoons this month have caused severe damages all over the city of Macao. We believe some of our colleagues are still under suspension of electricity and water outage at home, or even different levels of damages since after the first typhoon’s strike.
As a measure to assist our staff in getting over this difficult situation, we are pleased to announce that the University will open up rooms in the Postgraduate House (PGH) – S1 Hostel for staff and their family members who has an urgent need to find a temporary and safe place to stay. Maximum length of stay is 14 nights. Extension may be considered on a case by case basis, and subject to the availability of rooms. Fees of the each room type is attached below for your reference.
Weekly Rate (6 nights)
|Single Room - S1 Building|
(1 person occupancy)
|Shared Room - S4 Building|
(2 persons occupancy)
Points to note:
- Only cold water supply is available in PGH as hot water supply is currently suspended. [Update as at 29 August: Hot water supply is resumed in PGH on 28 August late evening as notified by SRS .]
- Move-in and Move-out Time:
- For applications received by 14:00h, the move-in time will be 19:00h on the same day of application submission;
- For applications received by 17:45h, the move-in time will be 15:00h on the following day of application submission;
- Move-out time is 12:00h.
- If a staff member makes an application for their family members, the staff member is also required to stay in PGH together with their family members.
- For more information on S1 Hostel, please visit SRS website: http://www.umac.mo/sao/srs/sh/accommodation/en/srs_academic.php
Application Period and Procedure:
- Applications will be processed on a FIRST-COME-FIRST-SERVED basis.
- Application period is from now to 01 September 2017, Friday at 14:00h [Update as at 30 August: Application period is extended to 05 September 2017, Tuesday at 14:00h.] (closing time for application received via email or at HRS counter). Application procedures are as follows:
1. Fill in the attached application form [Updated on 30 August] and submit it to Human Resources Section (HRS) (N6-4018) or by email to email@example.com;Updated_20170830_S1 Hostel Application Form (For Staff)(20170830).pdf
2. HRS verifies the information stated in the application forms and delivers them to Student Resources Section (SRS);
3. SRS makes an appointment with staff for the check-in arrangements;
4. Related accommodation fees will be deducted from the monthly payroll.
Should you have any enquiry, please feel free to contact Ms. Sammy Wong of SRS (Tel: 8822 9911) and Ms. Dorothy Sze of HRS (Tel: 8822 8596).
Office of Administration