|Dear prospective students,|
Due to insufficient bedspaces in PGH, according to the “PGH Resident Rules” and the “Guidelines for Assessing the Applications for UM PGH Accommodation”, the University can only ensure accommodation for year-one postgraduate students who are in their first year of study and do not have a residence in Macao in Academic Year 2022/2023. Thereafter, all second year postgraduate students or above will unlikely be offered an accommodation in PGH. Starting from Academic Year 2021/2022, PGH accommodation are not provided to students at all levels of the following courses: EMBA, DBA, EdD, DPA and Postgraduate Certificate / Diploma Programmes. Students who were not offered a bedspace are required to arrange off-campus accommodation by themselves. For off-campus accommodation information, please refer to Student Resources Section (Student Housing) website (https://srs.sao.um.edu.mo/accommodation-news-and-updates/ ).
For details of on-campus accommodation application, students who have accepted the offer from UM will be notified by email from Student Resources Section. Students who need on-campus accommodation should follow the instructions stated on the email and submit the application within the specified period. Late application will NOT be considered.
A. Eligible applicants:
(1) Year-one postgraduate students* of AY2022/2023 who are in their first year of study and do not have a residence in Macao.
(2) Year-one postgraduate students* who will resume studies in AY2022/2023, the student must:
- NOT have a residence in Macao;
- have deferred the studies to AY2022/2023 before registration; and
- have been approved for resumption of studies in AY2022/2023.
* PGH accommodation are not provided to students at all levels of the following courses:
- Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA)
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA)
- Doctor of Education (EdD/DED)
- Doctor of Public Administration (DPA)
- Postgraduate Certificate / Diploma Programmes
B. PGH Accommodation for 1st Semester of AY2022/2023 Schedule:
(Updated on 02 JUN 2022)
- Students who have accepted offer on or before 30 May 2022:
Application has been sent by email.
- Students who have accepted offer on or after 31 May 2022:
Application is not yet announced.
- Students with Macao Resident Identity Card who do not have residence in Macau:
Students are required to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request for an accommodation.
- Students who deferred the studies to AY2022/2023 before registration and resume studies in AY2022/2023
- Resumption of studies approved on or before 5 June 2022: Application has been sent by email.
- Resumption of studies approved on or after 6 June 2022: Application is not yet announced.
Result and Arrangement of Room Selection Announcement Date
|End of July 2022|
(Will be announced through email)
Payment period of the PGH residence fee for 1st semester of AY2022/2023
|1. New PG students who submit the application on or before 30 June 2022:
22 July 2022 – 4 August 2022
2. New PG students who submit the application on or after 1 July 2022:
A debit note will be issued to student’s ISW account around 1 month after move-in procedure is completed. The payment period shall be subject to the e-debit note.
C. Notes for applicants:
1. Applicants should follow the instructions stated on the email and submit the application within the specified application period.
2. Late applications will NOT be accepted. SRS will not entertain even if students are willing to accept penalties. Any decision made by SRS shall be final.
3. According to Article 39 of the Personnel Statue of UM and Article 18 of Chapter 7 of Regulations of the Personnel Affairs of the UM about the attribution of housing subsidy, UM staff is not eligible to receive the housing subsidy when he/she successfully applied for the housing provided by UM or any public entities, including the Student Dormitory (i.e. Postgraduate House).
4. Room assignment is arranged by SRS. For any room with vacant bedspaces, SRS reserves all rights to assign other students to them at any moment.
5. For more information about Postgraduate House, Postgraduate House Resident Rules and Accommodation Fee and Charges, you may refer to the following link: https://srs.sao.um.edu.mo/accommodation-news-and-updates/.
6. SRS has the rights to make the final decision.
For enquiries, please contact Student Housing office at 8822 2660 during office hours or email to email@example.com. Thank you for your kind attention.
Student Resources Section
Student Affairs Office
PGH S3, G/F, Room G002
Tel: 8822 2660