|Dear colleagues and students,|
The first confirmed case of Wuhan Pneumonia Cases associated with Novel Infectious Agent is found in Macao. To prevent the disease, UM has implemented a series of preventive measures, and will make adjustment according to the disease development.
- Set up a designated area for measuring temperature and consultation room for patients with fever in Medical Center of UM;
- Strengthen campus cleaning;
- Strengthen temperature measurement arrangement;
- Reserve rooms for persons who need self-quarantine;
- Prepare adequate materials, including masks, alcohol-based handrub, etc.
Office of Health, Safety and Environmental Affairs reminds all of you to take preventive measures:
- Avoid close contact with people with fever and respiratory symptoms.
- Avoid contact with poultry or other animals.
- Avoid visiting local hospitals and patients in the infected area.
- Pay attention to personal hygiene, environmental hygiene and food hygiene.
- Wear mask if needed.
- If you develop fever and respiratory symptoms when travelling or returning to Macao after travelling, seek medical assistance immediately and tell the doctor about your travelling history. Please rest at home and do not go to class.
|Set up a designated area for measuring temperature in Medical Center of UM ||Strengthen temperature measurement arrangement|
Staff and students (with or without symptoms) who are travelling to Wuhan during the Chinese New Year holidays, please contact Phoebe Cheang (Tel.: 8822 8852; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) during office hours right after you return to Macao for conducting medical monitoring and tracking.
For information related to the disease development, please visit the designated webpage of Health Bureau (Chinese and Portuguese only).
Thank you for your attention.
Office of Health, Safety and Environmental Affairs