To: All Users
As the new semester is about to start, it is time to prepare your UMMoodle courses for students' access in the new semester.
Quick Start (3 Steps)
Step 1: Get your UMMoodle courses (Check here)
Step 2: Upload course material and create course activities
- Usually you can find all your new courses after logging UMMoodle as we have performed Course Pre-Creation for most of the classes / sections. The newly created courses are set to "Hide" by default and they are shown at the bottom or in the last page of your course list in grey color.
- You can REUSE your existing UMMoodle courses by rearranging the classes / sections mapping at SIWEB.
- You can also REUSE your course materials by importing resources and activities from your existing UMMoodle courses.
Step 3: Set your courses to visible
- You can easily Drag and Drop files directly from your desktop onto you course.
- You can create Assignment activity which allows teachers to collect work from students, review it and provide feedback including grades.
- Besides, there are many course activity modules available for use, such as Forum, Quiz, Turnitin and etc.
- As the newly created courses are set to "Hide" from students by default, you will need to Set your course to "Show" when it is ready.
About your old UMMoodle courses
- You are recommended to organize your old courses before the new semester starts; Otherwise, students can still see their old courses from previous semesters that may confuse them. You can:
► HIDE the course: course materials, student data will be kept.
► REMOVE class / section mapping at SIWEB: course materials will be kept, student data will be lost.
► DELETE the course permanently: all data will be lost.
- By the way, INACTIVE COURSE, which does not have any update for over 5 years, will be deleted by the end of every academic year. The course owner will receive an email notification 2 weeks before the course deletion. Course owners can send email request to ICTO if they want to keep the course.
- In the course overview dashboard of UMMoodle, courses are classified in three sections: “Current”, “Future” and “Past”, depending on the start date and the end date of the course.
In order to let our users be more familiar with UMMoodle, ICTO will arrange a series of workshop which will be guided by tutors with hand-on practice. We will send E-Bulletin once the workshop schedule is confirmed.
For more information about UMMoodle, please visit our ICTO Knowledge Base. Should you have any enquiries, please feel free to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Help Desk.
Thank you for your attention.
ICTO Help Desk
Location : Room 2085, 2/F, Central Teaching Building (E5), eMap
Telephone : 8822 8600
Email : email@example.com
Information and Communication Technology Office